Ever since I was in early high school there has been something about 25–everything would happen when I was 25. And now that I find myself on the eve of my 26th birthday, I wonder (in writing) if everything did happen when I was 25 and if the year lived up to the teenaged-Maddy hype.
In no particular order, here is the list of notable things I did as a 25-year-old:
1. I ran a race (not a long one, but a race nonetheless).
2. I got my driver license (finally).
3. I kissed some frogs (metaphorically).
4. I went to Chicago (and fell in love).
5. I bought a car (and am still currently buying it).
6. I attended three beautiful weddings.
7. I watched some really funny youtube videos (forreal).
8. I made a few, new, true friendships.
9. I bought hand weights (that still sit at the foot of my bed, dying to be used).
10. I began applying for graduate school.
Well now, after that exhaustive list, I come to the conclusion that, yes, everything did happen when I was 25, but it’s not done happening. So here’s to longer races, road trips, perhaps a prince or two, more Midwestern adventures, laughter shared with new, true friends over funny youtube videos, and, last but not least, to weights that get lifted! On to 26!