This post is mostly unrelated to job searching and the realities of a life inbetween, but I promise it will be interesting and I will tie it in to the general life searching theme of this blog.
Top seven reasons I love the Dodgers, in no particular order:
1. It’s in my blood to be a fan. The Dodgers are a family value in my family. It goes God, Grandma, the Dodgers. (When it’s not baseball season, music takes number three, except of course, when it’s football season, then the number three spot goes to the Steelers, but that’s neither here nor there).
2. They are the best looking team in baseball. Have you seen Andre Ethier?
3. I have a nostalgia for them. It was such a treat to go to Dodger games growing up. I associate the Dodgers with one-on-one time with the adults in my family, which was cool since there were/are so many kids.
4. Manny Ramirez. I have to admit that I am following the Dodgers a lot closer since Manny’s been a boy in blue. He brings such a light-hearted and fun vibe to the team and I love it!
5. Also, living out of LA for a couple years, and attending baseball games at other stadiums and for other teams, I began to miss the Dodgers. So I learned that I loved them when I left them. Absence makes the heart grow fonder, I guess it’s true.
6. They like each other and it’s obvious. I love it when the camera catches them in the dugout, chatting, high-fiving; or out on the field chest bumping and smacking each other’s butts. It warms my heart when you can tell that men really love each other.
7. Vin Scully.
In times when my life is uncertain, I’m working multiple part-time jobs trying to make ends meet, hoping that one could turn into something full-time, but also praying to God that they don’t so I won’t have to make a decision, I can count on the Dodgers to make life a little more enjoyable.
What do yo love about the Dodgers?